Friday, August 09, 2013
2013 Mongol Derby RACE REPORT: Day 5
Lara Prior-Palmer is all smiles getting in first to horse station 17, 8th Aug 2013 Mongolderbyblog - Full Story
RACE REPORT: Day 5
08 August 2013
• British rider Lara Prior-Palmer overtakes USA’s Devan Horn to take the lead, but only just
• First and second placed riders separated by minutes at close of riding but will a potential time penalty for Lara have a major impact on who wins the race?
• Lara Prior-Palmer rides 4.5 legs in one day – possibly a Mongol Derby record at 160km
• Four riders withdraw from the race and head back to Ulaanbaatar
• Several riders accept assistance or lift forward and ride on ‘hors concours’ (riding but not officially still in the race for a leaderboard position)
Read the Day 5 Leaderboard for final positions at the end of racing and individual rider status.
Read the full report here!
TheAdventurists.com A new world-class horse race in Patagonia. We here at The Adventurists created the Mongol Derby a staggering 10 year...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...
April 29 2018 73 starters representing 24 nations tackled the 120-km CEI 2* endurance event Saturday April 28 at Tryon, North Carolina. It...
The CI notation was later removed and does not now show up on the race stats Credit : Screen shot Grandprix-replay.com - Full Article ...