Sunday, August 04, 2013
2013 Mongol Derby RACE REPORT: Day 1
Left to right: Katie Vincent, Tamara Huddleston and Lydia Wood enjoy the first leg of the Mongol Derby, 4th August 2013
Mongolderbyblog - Full Article
Sunday August 4 2013
A round up of the first day of the world’s toughest horse race.
• 21 year old Texan Devan Horne the only rider to reach Horse Station 3, finishing Day 1 a full leg ahead of the chasing pack
• 25 out of 30 riders make it to Horse Station 2
• First day remarkably uneventful – no serious injuries or major falls; a huge change from last year’s race start when two riders retired through injury on Day 1
• Matthias Lochthofen from Germany passes out on the start line but bounces back and starts the Derby just one hour later
• 23 year old American Tom Burk suffers wrestling injury at launch party but bravely battles on to reach Horse Station 2
• The weather ranges from incredibly hot and clear to a rainstorm and plummeting temperatures by early evening
Full Day's Report!:
Endurancegb.co.uk (Published:09 October 2019) Endurance GB’s British Horse Feeds’ Red Dragon Festival of Endurance serves up vintage s...
Everythinghorseuk.co.uk - Full Story 04/01/2019 Readers Blog: Anne’s story Written by Anne Binnendijk Mongolia, the country with f...
Stuff.co.nz - Full Article Last updated 19:47, August 10 2015 Three Kiwis, including one from New Plymouth, are in the leading group o...
GulfNews.com - Full Article More than 340 riders from 35 countries participate in 160km challenge Published: January 04, 2019 18:42 Le...