Sunday, August 04, 2013
2013 Mongol Derby RACE REPORT: Day 1
Left to right: Katie Vincent, Tamara Huddleston and Lydia Wood enjoy the first leg of the Mongol Derby, 4th August 2013
Mongolderbyblog - Full Article
Sunday August 4 2013
A round up of the first day of the world’s toughest horse race.
• 21 year old Texan Devan Horne the only rider to reach Horse Station 3, finishing Day 1 a full leg ahead of the chasing pack
• 25 out of 30 riders make it to Horse Station 2
• First day remarkably uneventful – no serious injuries or major falls; a huge change from last year’s race start when two riders retired through injury on Day 1
• Matthias Lochthofen from Germany passes out on the start line but bounces back and starts the Derby just one hour later
• 23 year old American Tom Burk suffers wrestling injury at launch party but bravely battles on to reach Horse Station 2
• The weather ranges from incredibly hot and clear to a rainstorm and plummeting temperatures by early evening
Full Day's Report!:
TheAdventurists.com A new world-class horse race in Patagonia. We here at The Adventurists created the Mongol Derby a staggering 10 year...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...
April 29 2018 73 starters representing 24 nations tackled the 120-km CEI 2* endurance event Saturday April 28 at Tryon, North Carolina. It...
The CI notation was later removed and does not now show up on the race stats Credit : Screen shot Grandprix-replay.com - Full Article ...