Sunday, August 04, 2013
2013 Mongol Derby RACE REPORT: Day 1
Left to right: Katie Vincent, Tamara Huddleston and Lydia Wood enjoy the first leg of the Mongol Derby, 4th August 2013
Mongolderbyblog - Full Article
Sunday August 4 2013
A round up of the first day of the world’s toughest horse race.
• 21 year old Texan Devan Horne the only rider to reach Horse Station 3, finishing Day 1 a full leg ahead of the chasing pack
• 25 out of 30 riders make it to Horse Station 2
• First day remarkably uneventful – no serious injuries or major falls; a huge change from last year’s race start when two riders retired through injury on Day 1
• Matthias Lochthofen from Germany passes out on the start line but bounces back and starts the Derby just one hour later
• 23 year old American Tom Burk suffers wrestling injury at launch party but bravely battles on to reach Horse Station 2
• The weather ranges from incredibly hot and clear to a rainstorm and plummeting temperatures by early evening
Full Day's Report!:
Equestrianists.com The Equestrianists WORLD SERIES The World's greatest horse racing series December 3 2020 Welcome to the new home...
Horsetalk.co.nz - Full Article January 2, 2020 Horsetalk.co.nz The Dutch equestrian body is considering whether it can deny riding perm...
Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article Becky Murray 2 January, 2020 14:30 Calls have been made for the “fullest possible” investigation aft...
November 4 2013 "Our current FEI [endurance] rules are founded on ethical compromise, bias, and the warped sense of reality of powerf...