Thursday, August 08, 2013
2013 Mongol Derby RACE REPORT: Day 4
L to R, Natacha Lazareff, Hannah Bronwin, Barbara Seele, Anthony Ward-Thomas and Inge Rall-Behm ride down to Ogii Nuur on leg 9, 7th Aug 2013 Mongolderbyblog - Full Report
7 August 2013
• Devan Horn’s lead cut to just 10km by chasing Brit Lara Prior-Palmer
• Another 3 riders just one leg (40km) off the lead
• Female dominance at the top of the leaderboard continues
• Riders start taking more tumbles from the semi-wild Mongolian horses but no serious injuries
• Physical strain starting to show across the pack after 4 days of racing
There are 15 riders bringing up the rear of the leaderboard en masse tonight all staying at Horse Station 9; probably the most picturesque of all the stations next to a stunning lake. Tomorrow they’ll enjoy a striking ride around that lake and we’ll see if this large group splits up again...
Read full recap here:
Horsetalk.co.nz - Full Article November 18, 2018 Horsetalk.co.nz Horse sport’s world governing body has opened the door for separate wor...
September 13 2018 Real Federación Hípica Española have sent a protest letter to Sabrina Ibañez, Secretary General of FEI, regarding the ca...
August 12 2018 With roughly half the distance of the 10th annual 1000-km Mongol Derby distance completed for ongoing competitors, return...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...