9 November 2009
The Endurance selectors are pleased to announce the following WEG focus squad.
WEG Qualification attained:
Jennifer Chandler & Lace and Fineness
Jenny Champion & Freckles
Mark Tylee & Class Act
Teresa Hoult & SS Kaleb
Vanessa Tiffen & Astek Lauralea
Phillip Graham & Wolfgang Armadeus
Kevin James & Glendaar Iraklis
WEG Qualification to be completed:
Kylie Avery & Silands Mia Bella
Debby Wolsfold & Northwinds Bradley McGregor
Angela Doel & SS Shahrayar
Murray Smith & Glenmore Toyboy
Rupert Kurghan & Blackjack Davey
Kevin Prangley & WD Amir IBN Kaliph
Sarah Hamer & Diamid
Alison Higgins & Twyham El Omar
Shane Dougan & Taralea Sheer Illusion
The squad is not limited to this list and will be added to following all remaining FEI events and at the discretion or invitation of the selection panel.
Invitations are also sought from those not already associated with a rider, who may wish to be on the WEG Team as a groom or support person. All rider grooms/crew will be required to meet selection standards.
It is envisaged that a WEG long team will be announced following the National Championships in April and until then the opportunity for selection will not be closed to any potential combinations that achieve required criteria.
Final selection for the WEG team will be based on, but not limited to, the following principles:
· Meet all FEI entry requirements.
· A shown ability to ride at a controlled but consistent canter for an entire race.
· Display consistently fast vet gate times. Lag times over 4 minutes will not be considered appropriate for representation at WEG and considerable attention needs to be paid to this aspect of your racing performance.
· Proficient and well practiced grooms and vet gate crew must be integral to your presentation. If not already established, all riders are encouraged to create a WEG crew/groom partnership as soon as possible.
· A shown appreciation to be part of a team atmosphere and culture will be fundamental and you must demonstrate desire for success of the overall WEG focus program.
· You will be required to commit to individual targeted performances and show consistent improvement.
· Riders and crew will be required to participate in scheduled squad camps.
It is envisaged that a full team of six riders will be selected to represent NZ Endurance at WEG 2010, should enough individual combinations met the selection criteria.
All final team members will be required to contribute to the cost of participation. The WEG Endurance race day is September 26, 2010. If you are planning on attending – PLAN NOW.
Should you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact
Endurance High Performance Leader
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Endurance-world.com - Full Article Info@endurance-world.com 9th July 2020 The recent cancelations on the endurance calendar due to COV...
Horsetalk.co.nz - Full Article January 2, 2020 Horsetalk.co.nz The Dutch equestrian body is considering whether it can deny riding perm...
Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article Becky Murray 2 January, 2020 14:30 Calls have been made for the “fullest possible” investigation aft...
Gulftoday.ae - Full Article January 2 2020 The four-day His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Endurance Cup Festival of en...