Goal of the Conference:
The primary role of the conference is to achieve the aspirations of the FEI Code of Conduct as written below:
Code of Conduct FEI
The FEI urges all involved with the sport to attain the highest levels of education in their areas of expertise.
The secondary goals are:
* Discuss the implementation of the new rules and the implications of the new star rating for treatment veterinarians;
* Improve the understanding of the roles of officials in particular: Ground Jury, Technical Delegate, Foreign Veterinary Delegate and members of the Veterinary Commission;
* Discuss the changes to the Veterinary Regulations with regard to medication control;
* Discuss the examination of horses during competition especially metabolics and lameness;
* Discuss the issues relating to the treatment of horses at endurance rides;
* Forum on the future of international competition: Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, Japan & Thailand;
* Discuss improved nutrition and training methods for endurance horses;
* Discuss issues related to rider safety.
Date: 8th, 9th & 10th of June 2011
Venue: Centr@l Bardon Conference Venue, 390 Simpsons Road, Bardon, Queensland, Australia.
Enquiries: Veterinary. Dr Brian Sheahan, email: Brian@samfordvets.com.au
Officials: Barbara Macdonald Timms email: email@example.com
For more information see:
Horse-canada.com - Full Article Julie Veloo hopes to raise $50,000 for Children of the Peak during her 700-km trek on her charity’s annual...
Horsetalk.co.nz - Full Article January 2, 2020 Horsetalk.co.nz The Dutch equestrian body is considering whether it can deny riding perm...
Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article Becky Murray 2 January, 2020 14:30 Calls have been made for the “fullest possible” investigation aft...
November 4 2013 "Our current FEI [endurance] rules are founded on ethical compromise, bias, and the warped sense of reality of powerf...