January 30 2018
Endurance GB, the National Governing Body for the sport of Endurance Riding, has announced the first two dates of its series of Horse Welfare Seminars it will host this winter.
Taking place on Saturday 3rd February at the Woodside Hotel in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, the first seminar will be hosted as part of the International seminar by the International Committee. The event, which will take place from 9am – 5pm, will feature talks from key industry figures on the issue of horse welfare in endurance. The seminar will feature talks from the following speakers and cover the following subject matter:
· Roly Owers, CEO of World Horse Welfare - Welfare of the Competing Horse
· Prof. Tim Parkin from Glasgow University – Endurance Injuries study
· Henry Bullen, Peden Bloodstock - Travelling your horse
· Dr Sophie Ignarski, Boehringer Ingelheim - Muscle Development
· Dr Mark Caldwell, FWCF - Endurance Farriery
· Ian Williams – Former FEI Endurance Director - FEI Endurance
On Saturday 3rd March, 9am – 5:30pm, the second seminar will be hosted by the Welfare Committee at the British Racing School Conference Centre in Newmarket, Suffolk. It will focus on Use Not Abuse of the performance horse and will feature the following guest speakers and talks:
· Roly Owers, CEO of World Horse Welfare - an insight into the Use not Abuse of performance horses and the global Visibility of horses
· Dr Annamaria Nagy, Animal Health Trust - Lameness in Endurance Horses
· Prof. Tim Parkin from Glasgow University - Work to predict and minimise Risk in Endurance Worldwide
· Lee Clark, Functional Physiotherapy - The importance of Saddle and Rider balance
· Dr David Marlin, Scientific and Equine Consultant - Training, Competition and Career Strategy
· Tom Eaton-Evans MRCVS (Newmarket Equine Hospital) - Inside the Treatment
· Dr Annamaria Nagy, Animal Health Trust - Q&A session on The Purpose of the Vetgate
Both seminars will end with an open Q&A with Endurance GB guest speakers.
Nicki Thorne, Chair of Endurance GB, said: “Our focus for Endurance GB is centred around our commitment to the positive promotion and growth of the sport, which horse welfare is absolutely an imperative part of. Through our Horse Welfare seminars, we will draw upon key issues and provide attendees with vital education to ensure the safeguarding of our sport.
“Horse welfare is a fundamental pillar in terms of our strategy, focus and plans for EGB and as the newly appointed Chair I hope to bring a fresh, new approach in making positive changes for the benefit of our Membership, our sport and of course for horse welfare.”
Spaces for each event are limited, so please book your ticket in advance to avoid disappointment. For further information or to book your ticket, visit www.endurancegb.co.uk.
For more information, please contact GUNG HO Communications:
Pippa Routledge email@example.com +44 121 6046366
Paul Phedon firstname.lastname@example.org +44 121 6046366
TheAdventurists.com A new world-class horse race in Patagonia. We here at The Adventurists created the Mongol Derby a staggering 10 year...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...
April 29 2018 73 starters representing 24 nations tackled the 120-km CEI 2* endurance event Saturday April 28 at Tryon, North Carolina. It...
The CI notation was later removed and does not now show up on the race stats Credit : Screen shot Grandprix-replay.com - Full Article ...