June 29, 2008
Five riders from Malaysia were among the top 160km finishers this weekend at the Cazon Endurance Village in Argentina.
First place finisher was Argentina's Mercedes Tapia riding Caiparinha, a bay Polo horse that began her second career as an Endurance horse at Tapia's El Reparo Endurance training center 3 years ago. Tapia is one of Argentina's top riders, and this was Caiparinha's first win over a 160km course. Caiparinha also received the Best Condition award.
More on Argentine polo horses in Endurance
Malaysian riders also fared well finishing in 2nd through 6th positions:
1. Mercedes Tapia (ARG) - Z Caipirinha - 17.11 km/hr
2. Md Rino Abd Rani (MAL) - Bilad El Arab - 14.48 km/hr
3. Ahmad Azura Abd Ghani (MAL) - Box Bragada - 14.48 km/hr
4. Bakar Aman (MAL) - Amira - 14.48 km/hr
5. Ab Hamid Hussein Muhamad (MAL) - Baraka Daka - 14.46 km/hr
6. Mohd Ramly Abde Wahamb (MAL) - ZT Thay Lover - 14.10 km/hr
7. Pio Juan Miguel Olascoago (URU) - Ar Vale - 14.10 km/hr
More on Cazon Endurance Village
EverythingHorseUK.co.uk - Full Article by News Team 04/12/2023 Endurance GB, the national governing body for endurance riding in the UK...
Inside.fei.org 17 December 2020 The FEI Board took a series of key decisions on allocation, cancellation, and reopening of bids for FEI C...
US Equestrian - video August 28 2023 Meet the athletes and horses at the FEI Endurance World Championship for Young Riders & Juniors!...
Inside.fei.org 22 June 2022 Author: FEI Communications The FEI Board allocated major FEI Finals and Championships during its two-day in-...