June 29, 2008
Five riders from Malaysia were among the top 160km finishers this weekend at the Cazon Endurance Village in Argentina.
First place finisher was Argentina's Mercedes Tapia riding Caiparinha, a bay Polo horse that began her second career as an Endurance horse at Tapia's El Reparo Endurance training center 3 years ago. Tapia is one of Argentina's top riders, and this was Caiparinha's first win over a 160km course. Caiparinha also received the Best Condition award.
More on Argentine polo horses in Endurance
Malaysian riders also fared well finishing in 2nd through 6th positions:
1. Mercedes Tapia (ARG) - Z Caipirinha - 17.11 km/hr
2. Md Rino Abd Rani (MAL) - Bilad El Arab - 14.48 km/hr
3. Ahmad Azura Abd Ghani (MAL) - Box Bragada - 14.48 km/hr
4. Bakar Aman (MAL) - Amira - 14.48 km/hr
5. Ab Hamid Hussein Muhamad (MAL) - Baraka Daka - 14.46 km/hr
6. Mohd Ramly Abde Wahamb (MAL) - ZT Thay Lover - 14.10 km/hr
7. Pio Juan Miguel Olascoago (URU) - Ar Vale - 14.10 km/hr
More on Cazon Endurance Village
The FEI Tribunal has issued its Final Decisions in three equine anti-doping cases involving Prohibited Substances
Inside.FEI.org 21 October 2020 The first case involves the horse Caipirina (FEI ID 105RC16/COL), ridden by Major Juan Pablo Garcia Sa...
Horsetalk.co.nz - Full Article January 2, 2020 Horsetalk.co.nz The Dutch equestrian body is considering whether it can deny riding perm...
Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article Becky Murray 2 January, 2020 14:30 Calls have been made for the “fullest possible” investigation aft...
November 4 2013 "Our current FEI [endurance] rules are founded on ethical compromise, bias, and the warped sense of reality of powerf...