FEI Bureau Meeting. November 2007
The main item brought to the attention of the Bureau for information and approval following the meeting of the FEI Endurance Committee in Paris (FRA) on 2 April 2007 was the progress made by the Endurance Task Force established to carry out a full review of the discipline.
The Task Force’s mandate is to proactively gather ideas/suggestions and propose changes indicative of the collective wish to continue to develop and raise the standards and perception of international Endurance around the world, keeping Horse Welfare issues as a primary concern.
Assigned areas of responsibility include:
1. Qualification – James Bryant (CAN): Criteria for Championships, Horse Log book/Results Record, Weights, Regional Championships, Handicap System, Leasing of Horses
2. Organization – Vijay Moorthy (IND): Public perception, Dress, Terminology, Abandonment of Events – Protocol, Approved technology, Handicap system.
3. Equine Protection - Fred Barrelet (SUI): Equitation training, Equine research, Minimum rest period between events, Local environment monitoring, Hold/Presentation/Criteria evaluation, Progression through ride distances.
4. Education – Maurizio Stecco (ITA): TD/Course designers, Availability of qualified officials, Maintenance of Official status, FEI database, Courses and development, Star rating of officials.
5. Legal Controls – Art Priesz (USA): Metabolic eliminations, Rider suspension, Enforced rest periods (horses).
6. Competition Structure – John Robertson (GBR): Low level distances (are they a danger?), star rating of distances, Number of vet gates – climate, TD responsibilities, Progressive closing of vet gates, Best Condition Rules.
The areas that have been looked at by the Task Force are:
- Qualification criteria for horses and riders to compete in FEI events
- Event Development (Public perception)
- Abandonment of Events
- Approved Technology
- Handicap System
- Roles of Official
- Training of Officials
- Categories and Rankings of Officials
- Low Level Distances
- Star Rating - distances
- Technical Delegate Responsibilities
- Best Condition Rules
- Minimum weight
Endurance-world.com - Full Article Text: Cidinha Franzão Photos: J.C. Markun for Chevaux 15 June 2018 Brasilia Country Club, Brasili...
April 29 2018 73 starters representing 24 nations tackled the 120-km CEI 2* endurance event Saturday April 28 at Tryon, North Carolina. It...
The CI notation was later removed and does not now show up on the race stats Credit : Screen shot Grandprix-replay.com - Full Article ...
ItaliaEnduranceFestival.com 18/09/2017 - evento sportivo FEI MEYDAN Endurance Championship for athletes under 21 years of age; the cur...