14 November 2015
The FEI General Assembly concluded in Puerto Rico on November 14, 2015.
During the annual meeting, member National Federations voted on a wide range of topics.
For Endurance, the General Assembly heard an update on the application of the Endurance Strategic Planning Group (ESPG) recommendations, the majority of which have been implemented. Endurance Committee Chair Brian Sheahan gave a report to delegates, detailing additional key recommendations that are being implemented.
These recommendations include:
• Key Performance Indicators consisting of the number of NFs organising Endurance events; number of CEIs; number of registered horses and athletes; number of starters; the relationship between metabolic issues and lameness; horse fatalities; number of horses leaving competition per year; number of doping cases; and promotion of officials.
• A lifetime ban for a horse that suffers a fifth consecutive disqualification for gait irregularity
at FEI and national events
• An increase to 80 penalty points (from 50) for an athlete whose horse suffers a catastrophic injury
• Ranking lists, including additional ranking points for athletes with no penalty points
• Online publication of progress reports
• Coaching development programme
• Generating sponsorship
• Endurance Organisers Guide (to be ready in March 2016)
• Endurance FEI Coaching System (to commence in February/March 2016)
The General Assembly approved the modifications of the FEI Endurance Rules. The 9th edition, effective 1 January 2016, will be available on the FEI website here.
TheAdventurists.com A new world-class horse race in Patagonia. We here at The Adventurists created the Mongol Derby a staggering 10 year...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...
April 29 2018 73 starters representing 24 nations tackled the 120-km CEI 2* endurance event Saturday April 28 at Tryon, North Carolina. It...
The CI notation was later removed and does not now show up on the race stats Credit : Screen shot Grandprix-replay.com - Full Article ...