14 November 2015
The FEI General Assembly concluded in Puerto Rico on November 14, 2015.
During the annual meeting, member National Federations voted on a wide range of topics.
For Endurance, the General Assembly heard an update on the application of the Endurance Strategic Planning Group (ESPG) recommendations, the majority of which have been implemented. Endurance Committee Chair Brian Sheahan gave a report to delegates, detailing additional key recommendations that are being implemented.
These recommendations include:
• Key Performance Indicators consisting of the number of NFs organising Endurance events; number of CEIs; number of registered horses and athletes; number of starters; the relationship between metabolic issues and lameness; horse fatalities; number of horses leaving competition per year; number of doping cases; and promotion of officials.
• A lifetime ban for a horse that suffers a fifth consecutive disqualification for gait irregularity
at FEI and national events
• An increase to 80 penalty points (from 50) for an athlete whose horse suffers a catastrophic injury
• Ranking lists, including additional ranking points for athletes with no penalty points
• Online publication of progress reports
• Coaching development programme
• Generating sponsorship
• Endurance Organisers Guide (to be ready in March 2016)
• Endurance FEI Coaching System (to commence in February/March 2016)
The General Assembly approved the modifications of the FEI Endurance Rules. The 9th edition, effective 1 January 2016, will be available on the FEI website here.
abc7amarillo.com - Full Story by Tiffany LesterWednesday, September 11th 2019 GRUVER, Texas — The Mongol Derby is known as the world'...
Everythinghorseuk.co.uk - Full Story 04/01/2019 Readers Blog: Anne’s story Written by Anne Binnendijk Mongolia, the country with f...
Stuff.co.nz - Full Article Last updated 19:47, August 10 2015 Three Kiwis, including one from New Plymouth, are in the leading group o...
GallopsOfIndia.com Save the date: March 2nd to 10th. In 2019, the new edition of the Gallops will take you deep into the colorful and ...