14 November 2015
The FEI General Assembly concluded in Puerto Rico on November 14, 2015.
During the annual meeting, member National Federations voted on a wide range of topics.
For Endurance, the General Assembly heard an update on the application of the Endurance Strategic Planning Group (ESPG) recommendations, the majority of which have been implemented. Endurance Committee Chair Brian Sheahan gave a report to delegates, detailing additional key recommendations that are being implemented.
These recommendations include:
• Key Performance Indicators consisting of the number of NFs organising Endurance events; number of CEIs; number of registered horses and athletes; number of starters; the relationship between metabolic issues and lameness; horse fatalities; number of horses leaving competition per year; number of doping cases; and promotion of officials.
• A lifetime ban for a horse that suffers a fifth consecutive disqualification for gait irregularity
at FEI and national events
• An increase to 80 penalty points (from 50) for an athlete whose horse suffers a catastrophic injury
• Ranking lists, including additional ranking points for athletes with no penalty points
• Online publication of progress reports
• Coaching development programme
• Generating sponsorship
• Endurance Organisers Guide (to be ready in March 2016)
• Endurance FEI Coaching System (to commence in February/March 2016)
The General Assembly approved the modifications of the FEI Endurance Rules. The 9th edition, effective 1 January 2016, will be available on the FEI website here.
Endurance-world.com - Full Article 13th July 2019 Race Report made with the assistance of Heather Wallace Sam Jones, a horse trainer ...
September 13 2018 Real Federación Hípica Española have sent a protest letter to Sabrina Ibañez, Secretary General of FEI, regarding the ca...
August 12 2018 With roughly half the distance of the 10th annual 1000-km Mongol Derby distance completed for ongoing competitors, return...
Everythinghorseuk.co.uk - Full Story 04/01/2019 Readers Blog: Anne’s story Written by Anne Binnendijk Mongolia, the country with f...