Sunday, July 11, 2004
NEWS & MESSAGES
In this letter you'll find
Different Interpretations of Veterinary Inspections at CEI Rides
Depending on the CEI ride you visit, you can meet quite different carrying-out of veterinary inspections, i.e.
First Horse Inspection:
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 3 minutes per horse
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 9 minutes per horse including control of the shoes, palpation of the tendons and flexion of the limbs
· A horse with abnormal heart sounds is eliminated
In the case of irregularity of gaits:
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck as soon as all competitors have passed the first inspection
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck one hour before the start the next day
· the horse has to trot immediately out again under the observation of three veterinarians and there majority decision is final
By Steph - July 11, 2004
FEI.org 22 Oct 2018 The FEI Bureau has set up a Temporary Committee with a remit to urgently assess the issues currently affecting the s...
September 13 2018 Real Federación Hípica Española have sent a protest letter to Sabrina Ibañez, Secretary General of FEI, regarding the ca...
August 12 2018 With roughly half the distance of the 10th annual 1000-km Mongol Derby distance completed for ongoing competitors, return...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...