Sunday, July 11, 2004
NEWS & MESSAGES
In this letter you'll find
Different Interpretations of Veterinary Inspections at CEI Rides
Depending on the CEI ride you visit, you can meet quite different carrying-out of veterinary inspections, i.e.
First Horse Inspection:
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 3 minutes per horse
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 9 minutes per horse including control of the shoes, palpation of the tendons and flexion of the limbs
· A horse with abnormal heart sounds is eliminated
In the case of irregularity of gaits:
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck as soon as all competitors have passed the first inspection
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck one hour before the start the next day
· the horse has to trot immediately out again under the observation of three veterinarians and there majority decision is final
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Bahrain: Galloping to Glory
Gulfweekly.com - Full Article May 31 - June 6, 2023 By Mai Al Khatib-Camille Equine endurance queen Manal Fakhrawi, who returned to the ...
Inside.fei.org 17 December 2020 The FEI Board took a series of key decisions on allocation, cancellation, and reopening of bids for FEI C...
Inside.fei.org 22 June 2022 Author: FEI Communications The FEI Board allocated major FEI Finals and Championships during its two-day in-...
ElRaidBlog - Full Article January 12, 2021 Gabriel Gamiz [google translate] Today I get the sad news of the death of a great horse «NO...
Post a Comment