Sunday, July 11, 2004
NEWS & MESSAGES
In this letter you'll find
Different Interpretations of Veterinary Inspections at CEI Rides
Depending on the CEI ride you visit, you can meet quite different carrying-out of veterinary inspections, i.e.
First Horse Inspection:
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 3 minutes per horse
· Examination of heart rate, general condition and gait takes about 9 minutes per horse including control of the shoes, palpation of the tendons and flexion of the limbs
· A horse with abnormal heart sounds is eliminated
In the case of irregularity of gaits:
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck as soon as all competitors have passed the first inspection
· the horse is given a second chance and asked for a recheck one hour before the start the next day
· the horse has to trot immediately out again under the observation of three veterinarians and there majority decision is final
By Steph - July 11, 2004
OttawaMatters.com - Full Article & Video Duff is dedicating her Gobi Desert Cup ride to CHEO, and is collecting pledges for each kilom...
August 12 2018 With roughly half the distance of the 10th annual 1000-km Mongol Derby distance completed for ongoing competitors, return...
FEI.org Stories - Full Article July 3 2018 In our latest Horse of the Month feature, we get to know more about this WEG Endurance lege...
Horse-canada.com - Full Article with video July 28 2018 An FEI Endurance Championship is again at the centre of controversy, with video ...