On Behalf Of Lori & Rick Stewart
Note: Date of the event is on or about September 20,2003.
Hello Ian and Everyone,
I think it is a good idea that we receive input from the NF's about the
change in the distance for the European Continential Championships (from a 2
x 100, to a 1 x 160 ). I would personally be in favor of this change but I
am forwarding this message to the Group IV Countries for their input.
If I can be of further service in this matter, or answer any questions that
the federation countries might have, please advise.
>From: "Ian Williams"
>Subject: European Championships - Ireland 2003
>Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:49:08 +0200
>Good Afternoon Gentlemen,
>We have just received word that the sponsorship has been secured for the
>above event and we are now faced with the choice of changing this from the
>day X 100km to a 160km I day event. More funds are available which now
>As the FEI EC will need to request permission for this change from the
>Executive Board I am about to issue the following email/fax to all National
>We have today received confirmation from the organisers at Punchestown that
>the above championships will definitely take place.
>Their recent discussions with sponsors have been concluded successfully.
>This now means funds are available for the organisers to construct an
>additional vet gate and to run the event as a 1 day 160km if so wished.
>For the existing European Championships, accepted as a 2 day X 100km per
>day, to now change it needs the permission of the FEI Executive Board.
>Before approaching this FEI board we would like your confirmation that you
>would like this change of distance and are happy with the event to now run
>as a one day competition.
>Under the new qualification criteria, running this as a 160km I day ride
>will also mean that it can be used as a qualifier for the World
>Championships in 2004, which at present it could not.
>As time is short we would request your reply by the 30th April 2003.
>Dependent upon the view of all participating countries the FEI board will
>then be approached as necessary.
>We await your urgent response.
>I will keep you updated on the feed back from the NFs as received.
Endurancegb.co.uk - Full story 19 January 2019 by Barbara Austin This week saw the Branch Annual Meeting for Northumberland and Tynes...
September 13 2018 Real Federación Hípica Española have sent a protest letter to Sabrina Ibañez, Secretary General of FEI, regarding the ca...
August 12 2018 With roughly half the distance of the 10th annual 1000-km Mongol Derby distance completed for ongoing competitors, return...
Stuff.co.nz - Full Article Last updated 19:47, August 10 2015 Three Kiwis, including one from New Plymouth, are in the leading group o...